This article will describe the steps needed to install nano and setup ssh to utilize nano on your Android device.GNU nano
is a text editor
computing systems or operating environments using a command line interface
. It emulates the Pico
text editor, part of the Pine
email client, and also provides additional functionality. Unlike Pico, nano is licensed under the GNU General Public License
(GPL). Released as free software
by Chris Allegretta in 1999, nano became part of the GNU Project
in 2001.FILE LINKS:nanoforandroid.zipSimpleSSHDNANO INSTALLATION:
and extract the zip.
copy androidforlinux directory to your android phones memory card. [Example: /sdcard/Download]
Follow these steps using a terminal downloadeded from the playstore or adb shell.
Now we will install SimpleSSHD from the google playstore.
- cp /sdcard/Download/nanoforandroid/etc/profile /system/etc
- cp -r /sdcard/Download/nanoforandroid/etc/terminfo /system/etc
- cp /sdcard/Download/nanoforandroid/xbin/nano /system/xbin
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device
- Search for SimpleSSHD or click the link in this article.
- Tap Install
- Allow the installation to complete
You will need to start SimpleSSHD and make note of the IP listed and connect to that IP and the default port of 2222.
SSH into the android phone using this as an example: ssh IP -p 2222